Child Advancement Project (CAP)
Thrive’s Child Advancement Project (CAP) is a school based mentoring program that matches community volunteers in the Big Sky School District with children in grades K-12. Mentors work one-on-one with children to increase academic and social competency and to enhance opportunities for academic challenge. Mentors provide support and encouragement, help students discover and build upon their individual strengths, and affirm student’s ability to shape their own futures. Mentors are screened, trained, and supervised by CAP Coordinators.
It works!: Thrive’s locally designed CAP Mentor Program is now posted on the National Registry of Evidence Based Programs and Practices as an evidence-based program.
How students can participate in CAP Programming in Big Sky:
- In order to participate in the program, students must be nominated by a parent or teacher
- Parents and nominated students are required to sign a permission form to participate in CAP. Parent permission forms are sent home upon nomination.
- Parents and teachers have the opportunity to identify goals for the mentor and student match.
- CAP Matches have longevity and the hope is that they will continue into future academic years. Parents must sign continuing permission forms in order for their child to continue participating.
- Contact your CAP Coordinator, Julie Grimm, for more information.
Become a CAP mentor for a local student!:
- Mentors meet for an hour a week during the school year
- No evenings or weekends and we work with your schedule
- Training and support provided to all mentors!
- Apply online! Once your application is received, the CAP Mentor Coordinator will contact you to set up an appointment.
For more information, Contact Samantha Riley, Thrive’s CAP Mentor Coordinator for the Big Sky School District
Office #: located in the middle school/high school building just past the main office.
Program sponsored by: Big Sky School District and The Yellowstone Club Community Foundation
Girls for a Change
Thrive’s Girls for a Change program inspires girls to create change in the themselves, each other, and the world around them.
How girls can participate in Girls for a Change Programming in Big Sky:
Girls in grades 8-12 can attend the annual statewide Girls for a Change Conference
- Choose from 35 empowering workshops
- Meet and be inspired by incredible female mentors
- Explore new career paths
Girls in grades 8-12 can join the GFAC Core Committee starting in 2016
- Plan the annual conference for over 200 girls from 40+ Montana communities
- Participate in international dialogues with visitors from abroad
- Give back to the community through service projects
- Participate in an annual Think Tank with local girls and women
- Attend and participate in Lunch and Learns scheduled for 2016
How you can support Girls for a Change programming in Big Sky
- Plan and present a Lunch and Learn to 8-12th grade Big Sky students
- Plan a conference workshop or participate in our annual Think Tank discussion
Find information at www.allthrive.com
Girls on the Run
Thrive’s Girls on the Run program (GOTR) is a nationally-recognized youth development program that inspires girls grades 3-8 to be healthy and confident using a fun curriculum which creatively integrates running. GOTR teaches life skills through dynamics, interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event.
How girls can participate in Girls on the Run Programming in Big Sky:
- Girls on the Run programming for girls in grades 3,4, and 5 will occur each FALL
- Girls on the Run programming (Heart and Sole) for Middle School girls will occur each SPRING.
- Registration for Girls on the Run occurs during the spring semester prior to fall practice.
- Registration for Girls on the Run, Heart and Sole, occurs mid-winter, prior to spring practice.
- Cost to participate is $100 per girl with scholarships available.
How you can support Girls on the Run Programming in Big Sky:
- Coach or assistant coach a girls team for 10-12 weeks during a girls on the run session
- Be a Running Buddy for a girl during our annual Girls on the Run 5k event
- Be a snack superstar for our Girls on the Run team
- Sponsor our Girls on the Run 5k Event, or sponsor a girls participation scholarship
For more information go to www.allthrive.com